2022 Consultation – Expansion to Additional Automotive Containers
The BC Used Oil Management Association (BCUOMA) is seeking stakeholder input on its plan to expand its program to include additional automotive containers. The expansion is aimed at including in the program many of the non-program automotive containers that are currently showing up in the collection system, including Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), windshield washer fluid, automotive additives, aerosols and other containers up to 210L.
BCUOMA is proposing to submit a revised Extended Producer Responsibility Plan to the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy for approval. Before submitting the revised plan to the Ministry, BCUOMA is required to hold a public consultation process on the proposed amendments.
Public Consultation Period: January 18, 2022 to March 15, 2022
BCUOMA will be holding two virtual consultation sessions:
- Session 1: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 10am PT
- Session 2: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 10am PT
If you would like to attend a session please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organization and the session you would like to attend. A link to the session will be sent via email 24-48 hours prior to the start of the event.
- Overview of Program Changes – expanded container category
- Proposed EPR Plan
- Current Approved EPR Plan
- BCUOMA Study and Service Provider Engagement on Container Category Expansion (MNP 2020)
- National Survey and Study of the Lubricating Oil and Antifreeze Packaging Circular Economy (DesRosiers 2020)
Please submit any comments on the proposed changes, in writing, no later than March 15, 2022 to email@example.com.